Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12th 2010 – here we go......

WWell its only 12 days into the new year and that means that I’m 12 days overdue with a blog post. As I mentioned in a previous post I will be posting more often. But you know I find it hard to post about things other than running, not because I don’t have a life outside of my daily lunch hour runs. It’s mostly due to not wanting to say too much that may or may not come back to bit me.


Overall I think my running has been going well considering that I had the post Holiday cold that everyone seems to pick up. This had an impact on my running as I stopped for a few (5) days and am now just getting back into it, I’m still coughing now and again but it’s going away. Prior to catching my cold I was starting to do some good quality intervals on the treadmill, running 5 x 800m at 5 minute mile pace with 400m recovery and 5 x 3 minutes at 5 minute mile pace. These 3 minutes are slightly longer than the 800m repeats they are good to put into a training plan as it works out to be just short of the 1K distance.


Since this is Edmonton and sometimes winter can go on forever here, I got myself a pair of new skis that I am yet to try out. A couple of years ago I skied pretty much all winter and ended up with a fairly VO2 due to the intensity of the skiing. I don’t plan on doing that much skiing this year but just enough to make the purchase of the skis worthwhile and enough that it can give me a break from running, I'll still run every day only now I'll also add skiing. While I was trying to get rid of the cold I decided that I would invest in a pair of the Vibram Five Fingers check out the website - http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/index.cfm In my next update I’ll let you know how I’m getting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment